Why not consider a yacht vacation with your family to relieve the stress accumulated over the busy year? A sailing holiday is an ideal choice for you and your children to bond, spend time together, enjoy both downtime and active days, and experience a truly unforgettable holiday. Families will often not consider sailing holidays to be a wise choice due to hesitance over being in a restricted area with children. Nevertheless, if all precautions are taken, there is no reason for the experience not to be perfectly enjoyable, pleasant and very safe for everyone.
- During your time on the boat, children can enjoy various activities that are not available when in a city. With activities such as sailing, snorkeling, rowing and wakeboarding, as well as the chance to indulge in nature, you can be sure that children on board the boat will be totally entertained.
- Whilst you enjoy your time onboard your charter yacht, you will have the chance to discover different bays, islands and coastal towns on each day of your trip. With constant movement, there is no time to be bored!
- Truly bond with your family and children by indulging in the stunning nature the coasts have to offer. Witness virgin coasts, tranquil bays, and snooze on deck together under the stars.
- Enjoy activities you might not normally participate in and make everlasting memories with your children. For instance, go fishing and keep the catch for dinner!
- Enjoy the tranquility and simplicity of life on board and in nature. With time away from screens and technology, enjoy closer communication with the family.
- Take advantage of this priceless opportunity to spend valuable quality time with your family and children, away from work, away from the hustle and bustle of city life and away from the daily grind.
That being said, in order to avoid any mishaps or unpleasant situations, it is necessary to follow the necessary precautions and rules and regulations. Take note of the below:
- Make sure to have suitable life vests for all of your children on board.
- Children should always swim in the company of at least one adult. Never leave children to stray from the boat without supervision.
- The switch key should always be kept out of reach of children.
- Take care that children wear nonslip shoes during the time they spend on the boat.
- It is advisable to be loosely aware of the route and time spent on board and on land. Let the children keep some energy for excursions onshore.
- Pack carefully and make sure that you have everything children will need while away from land.
- Railings equipped with a net create a barrier for children. For this reason, be sure to have a net in the guardrails on your boat on vacation.
- Take care to keep your children under surveillance while leaving, berthing and cruising.